Sunday 1 April 2012

It's gone cold again :-(

Well, so much for the nice warm weather that we were having!  The temperature has fallen about 10 degrees and we are due for a heavy shower of rain on Tuesday.  The rain is not necessarily a bad thing - they keep threatening us with a drought - but it was a bit chilly last night.

Just a couple of pics to show you today - I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights and so I had a lie-in this morning instead of working on the Cat.

I've done some more on the Fuschias - that bottom flower is now finished cross stitch wise.  Once I've got the flower in the top left done, that will just leave the backstitch and the dreaded French knots.  My main concern is that I appear to be running low on thread.  The kit doesn't refer to any thread numbers, just colours, so I haven't got a clue what I'm using.  I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that if I do run out, I can find something to match amongst my DMC threads.

Things are going very well on Carnation.  I finished the last block on the right hand side, and then got two done on the bottom row, so another three blocks down and only six to go before I've finished Page 1.

Life is about to get a little busy with Easter coming up and a couple of other things in the diary, so I'm going to lower my sights a little.  If I can manage two blocks a week for the next three weeks, then that will bring Page 1 in under the wire a month ahead of this piece's first anniversary.  I think that it is do-able, and if I can get more than two blocks done, so much the better, and if I can't, well I still have a month or so in hand.

Mum's taken delivery of three of the books I ordered and it's WIPocalypse on Friday.  If I put my mind to it and stop reading other people's blogs at lunchtime, maybe I can claim a finish on the Fuschias and a new book!

Right, I'm bone tired so I'm going to love you and leave you.  I'll see you Friday with my WIPocalypse report.

2 comments:

  1. They both look so great!! :D Keeping fingers crossed that you'll have enough threads for the fuschias.

    ReplyDelete