Monday 16 April 2012

Close, but no cigar!

This is a late post because I spent the weekend at a family history conference indulging in my other hobby.  I went away at Friday lunchtime and came back yesterday evening.  I had a great time, learnt a lot and talked to people of a like mind.  However, despite having said great time, this did have an impact on the amount of time that I had available for stitching.

I nearly made it to the finish line with Carnation.  If you look closely at the bottom right hand corner, you will see that I am into the final square!  Unfortunately going away meant that I lost the Friday evening and time on Saturday that I would otherwise have spent finishing Page 1.  I'm not in the least upset - I still have more than a month before the first anniversary of this piece comes round, and they say a change is as good as a rest.

I'd bought a new frock (and the upholstery to go under it!) and dug out my high heeled dancing shoes to take away with me.  So on Saturday night, my friend and I were the first on the floor and the last off!  You have to let your hair down sometimes.

I did however take the Cat with me.  I got quite a bit done on Thursday night, which was Patchwork Night, although for some reason it got mistaken for a bird!  I also put some stitches in after lunch on Saturday, so that should make up for missing my normal Sunday morning slot.

Today I got up early and went to my parents to see my cousin and cuddle her baby.  I've also done my shopping for the week and caught up on the laundry.  Inspired by the conference and an email that I received today from a fellow researcher, I've also done some family history.  I've also signed up for the International Hermit and Stitch Weekend next weekend - this may be slightly hampered by an overnight stay by a small person, but I've signed up for it anyway.  And tomorrow I go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment