Sunday 28 July 2013

It's still too damn hot!

Despite two or three heavy downpours, causing localised flooding in some areas of the county, it's still too damn hot round here!  I managed to catch too much sun yesterday while visiting friends, so have that well cooked look down the side of my neck and left arm.  And then today I got bitten on the neck by my friend's vampire budgie from Hell - no blood but a painful experience!

On the stitching front, however, things have been going well.

 I've made good progress on Bouquet 4 this week.  That is supposed to be a blue teapot on a stripy tablecloth.  Still to come are the flowers and foliage, followed by the backstitch which will make it look so much better as usual.  


Next up is Train of Dreams.  What you see on the left hand side is just two rows more than a full page's depth of stitching - three blocks this week!  There has been another slight change of plan on this one - I have now decided that, as the lower pages of this piece are only 66 stitches deep, I am going to carry on stitching to the bottom and then work my way across to the other end.  I have now gridded the whole of this end, and am still enjoying the parking method of stitching.

Last but not least comes Carnation.  I now have to stand on a stool in order to get a decent photo of this piece.  I didn't quite finish row 4 this week, but hope to be well into row 5 by my next post.  But according to my stitch counting gadget in the sidebar, I am now officially a quarter of the way through this piece so I'm a happy bunny!

I also have a problem - I am desperate to start something new, but I dare not.  I don't have enough hours in the day as it is to do all the things that I need to be doing, let alone starting a new piece of stitching.  Mentally I'm tossing up between a new HAED (this time to be done on 18 count) and Lesley Teare's bird series from Cross Stitch Collection.  Neither project would be small or quick, and I really ought to put in more time on Mum's Guardian Angels than they are currently getting.  Also I've got some family history research that I need to get sorted this coming week so that I can get it posted off.

On the bright side however, I lost another 2lb this week, bringing me down to 12 stone 3lb.  If I can lose a further 1.5lb this week, then that will be my first half stone award.  Yesterday was not a good day though as I was visiting friends and therefore not in control.  All the same I am very happy that when I do the Race for Life with Mum on 11 August, I will be carrying less weight than  I was earlier this year.  

Hoping that all is well with you and yours, and that the frog stays away from your house!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching, and congratulations on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the weight loss, I have been trying to shift some too - 18lbs so far but still a long way to go. Good luck with Race for Life, I did my first one this year and really enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the weight loss! Your stitching looks great. I love Serena - she's looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete