Tuesday 2 July 2013

Can it really be July already?

Where does the time go? How does it happen that we are already halfway through 2013?  Looking back at my goals, I've hit a lot of my deadlines already - page 3 of Carnation, Turkish Challenge and Enchanted Garden.  There are still a couple of items outstanding - finish Guardian Angels for Mum's birthday (this might have to be Christmas) and complete page 4 of Carnation by the end of the year.
 
I'm starting with Guardian Angels, a piece that you haven't seen for a while as I last worked on this at the beginning of December 2012.  Recent work on this angel (Serena) includes one over one hands (definitely a learning curve), barred & crossed oblong crosses (the bit still being worked on in the photo), more Kreinik and more straight cross stitch.  I'm getting back into this but there is still a long way to go, and I am seriously thinking about moving the deadline to Christmas.


Bouquet 3 is showing slow progress.  For some reason, I'm not getting the urge to stitch at lunchtime and end up surfing the Net instead.  I really must get a grip on this as it would be better for my eyes to have a break from the computer screen.


And finally a very, very minor happy dance.  Row 1 of page 4 is finished and you can now see the whole width of Carnation!  It really feels good to see where the edge is and to have a better idea of how it will look when finished.  And as always it looks so much better in a photograph.

What more can I tell you?  Well, I went and got weighed on Thursday and I had lost 2lb, which was a very nice surprise.  I'm not good at telling if I've lost weight or not, so I'm always a bit dubious before I get on the scales.

The weather here is up and down as usual - we had a lovely sunny weekend, and then it went grey and wet and dodgy again.  However the end of the week looks better so fingers crossed.  I'm really quite tired tonight, so here's wishing you all warm and sunny days for your stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment