Monday 24 June 2013

2013 WIPocalypse - June Full Moon & IHSW - June 2013 Report Part 2

Well, there was obviously some confusion last week over IHSW, but never mind - it just gave me two opportunities to sit and stitch.  There was also a full moon again this week and therefore it is WIPocalypse time.

Progress on Bouquet 3 has been slow and steady.  I'm at that stage again where I'm really not taken with the colours, but I know that when it is finished and the back stitch done, it will be much improved.

This week I managed to do three blocks on Carnation with some good overlap into the blocks below.  I have one full block and one partial block left to finish row 1, which should be possible this week as I am only out one night.  I haven't set myself any deadlines for finishing this page - it is just so nice to be able to work on it again.

Finally I promised you some stash.  Courtesy of Ebay, I am delighted to present Heritage Crafts' "Topiary Rose" by Valerie Pfeiffer (thankfully on evenweave) and Lavender & Lace's "Celtic Christmas".  Both are beautiful pieces and I look forward to finding the time to stitch them.

In other news, I lost 0.5lb last week, which means that I have now lost 1lb since I started.  I've also spent a couple of days out and about in the country doing genealogy research, so I feel that I can report progress on all fronts.  

The weather seems to be a complete toss-up between gorgeous and diabolical, so I'll wish you sunshine for stitching and a gentle rain for your gardens.

2 comments:

  1. I really liek the colours on Bouquet 3, I know it's rough when you start and you aren't "feeling" it, but do keep at it, even if it's just for 30 minutes here and there. It'll soon take shape and come together.

    Well done of the progress on carnations!

    Lovely new stash! I love Lavender and Lace designs, although I haven't stitched one, the Celtic designs are just beautiful and I look forward to seeing WIP of the new ones!

    Well done on the weight loss, slow and steady is the way to go. Just keep doing what you are doing and you'll be doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss! Every little bit adds up over time.

    Your stitching is looking great. I stitched L&L's Celtic Christmas many years ago, you will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete