Sunday 2 June 2013

Happy Dance! - Enchanted Garden is finished!

I put the last stitches into Enchanted Garden at lunchtime on Friday 31 May, washed and pressed it that night and took it to the framers on Saturday 1 June!  It's done, finished, finito - however you say it - the piece is completed with over a fortnight before littlest niece's birthday and I pick it up next Saturday.


So here you are!  I will take another picture when it is framed, so you can see the finished finished version, but here is every last stitch.  I changed Fairy 4's hair to look like littlest niece's and I just hope that she likes it after all the time and effort that has gone into it.  I think that the rabbit is just great and kudos to Joan Elliott for being such a fantastic designer.

With Enchanted Garden complete, I am now on my one month's sabbatical from stitching to help with my repetitive strain injury in my right wrist.  This is the end of the second day and I reckon that I will be completely demented by the end of the month.  I woke up at 6am this morning to glorious sunshine, just right for stitching, and I couldn't.  I looked at stash on-line and didn't buy any because I wouldn't be able to do anything with it if I bought it.  Most of the hours that I would have spent stitching this weekend have been spent on the computer doing genealogy research, so I'm not sure if that my wrist is going to be any better for not stitching anyway.

What else?  Well, I have gone back to Slimming World this week.  It was not as bad as I thought that it was going to be - the starting figure is 12 stone 8.5lb and my target weight is 11 stone.  The first two days I was very good, but I have just come back from a barbecue at my sister's.  I avoided the booze, the bread rolls, the sauces and the crisps, but I did have beefburger, sausages and a smidgen of garlic pizza.  I'll just have to be very good for the rest of the week.

It's been warm and sunny, it's back to work tomorrow, and I'm very sleepy.  So good night and happy stitching to you all - I'm dead jealous!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, your finish look really nice. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be so proud. It is wonderful! Such a pity to have to rest from stitching. I hope your wrist heals fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish, well done :)

    I hope you get through the next month, going "cold turkey" is really rough!

    Good luck with the weight lose, hope it goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty design, love it

    ReplyDelete