Monday 5 September 2011

A little finish and a little start

Well, a day late but that's not unusual.  I do have a finish to show - I think my Snowman is quite cuteI didn't bother with the snowballs/ snowflakes in the end.  They would have been a pain to do without thread showing through from the back.  Hopefully someone will be able to make a nice card out of him for Marie Curie.

I finished the Snowman at my Slimming World class while waiting for everyone to get weighed.  I'd tucked a follow-up piece into my stitching bag and here he is.  When it's done, it will be Santa's head saying Ho, Ho, Ho.  This is another Mouseloft for Hobbycraft piece.  I bought a handful of them some time ago but never got round to them until now.

I do think that this Beetle is a bit jinxed.  I have made progress on it, but not a lot because I was fighting a battle with my washing machine on Sunday morning which distracted me from my stitching.  The far front tyre is finished and some stitching put into the far end of the front bumper, but still not as much as I had hoped.

I didn't get a lot done on Carnation either this week - only completing two blocks, leaving me with one to do on the bottom row before going back up to the top and working down.  However, as I was out every night from Monday to Friday, two blocks is a reasonable achievement.

Monday night was dinner with my parents and a family friend, Tuesday was Pilates, Wednesday was a meal out with two old schoolfriends (one of whom is the future owner of the Beetle), Thursday night was Slimming World and Friday night was babysitting.  I got home Saturday morning about 1.20am and the highlights of the evening were catching up on the episode of Who Do You Think You Are that I missed on Wednesday and my littlest niece falling out of bed!  Although she'd fallen asleep on the carpet by the time I got up the stairs and only needed putting back to bed, it did mean that I spent the rest of the evening jumping at any unexpected noise!

I've had a cunning plan for my other school friend.  She hits the big 4-0 a couple of months after me but doesn't want anyone to make a fuss about it.  However they both came back to mine for a cup of tea after the meal on Wednesday and she was admiring the birds in my Eva Rosenstand catalogue.  Well, there is a very nice little robin chart in that catalogue which comes out at just over 4" by 4" which, as she is also into bird watching, I think will do nicely.  I've done the conversion to DMC and now just have to sort out the fabric and threads and get started.  Hopefully I will have something to show you in my next update post.

No comments:

Post a Comment