Monday 22 August 2011

Back in my own bed!

Hi folks, this is a late update post because I have been away for a long weekend at a family wedding.  The title refers to the fact that the past three nights have been spent staying with relatives, then staying in a hotel (where I needed earplugs to get any sleep) and then back to the relatives.  It was a lovely wedding and I got to meet members of the family that I knew of but had never met, but I am really glad to be back home in my own place and really glad to be sleeping in my own bed tonight.

Having been away for four days, I have not managed to do anything on the Beetle at all.  However I have made some progress in my project to create pieces for Marie Curie.  I had in my stash some little Christmas pieces designed by Mouseloft for Hobbycraft.  I took this snowman away with me and managed to get a reasonable chunk done in odd moments.  I did have to sub in one of my own needles because the one supplied was rubbish!

Carnation has also suffered this week but I did managed to get the column on the right finished and start work filling in the first block in row 8 at the bottom.  

Tomorrow I'm back at work.  The boss is now off for a fortnight, but this week will be a four day week because of the wedding, and next week will be a three day week because the Monday is a bank holiday and I have booked the Friday off to chill out.

I also need to do some work on my family tree as a couple of the family members that I met over the weekend are really interested and I have promised to send them stuff.

Right, my action packed weekend is catching up with me.  I need to go make tomorrow's lunch and then crawl into bed for a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment