Sunday 19 June 2011

Work in Progress

Well, I promised you some work in progress so here we go!

 Starting with the smallest piece first, this is my travelling WIP - the piece that I carry round with me.  It is "December - Poinsettia" - a freebie from Ellen Maurer-Stroh.  The plan is to use gold beads for the stamens (which will be my first attempt at beading) and then make it up into a Xmas ornament to use as a Secret Santa gift.




My next WIP is my Sunday morning piece, which I stitch on while the washing machine is doing its thing.  This is Lyndisfarne's "VW Beetle" which I am stitching for my oldest friend's 40th birthday.  I have until next March to get this finished and framed, but I didn't want to find myself doing it last minute dot com.

This is my mega WIP - "Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose" charted by Scarlet Quince. What you see here is 25 days stitching. Please take into account the fact that I work full-time, am out at least 2 nights a week, the chart mainly uses blended threads and that there is more confetti in this thing than half a dozen weddings!

It measure 18.4" wide by 21.9" long (46.7cm by 55.6cm) and I gridded the whole thing before I started. 

There are 102,900 stitches in this piece. As you can see from this photo, I've done about 1,800 stitches on page 1. It should keep me going for a while.

Well, its gone 9pm round here and I need to go get my lunch sorted for tomorrow, so will call it a day.

Wishing you all well with your stitiching.

No comments:

Post a Comment