Monday 13 June 2011

Hi!

This is just a quickie to say welcome to my stitching blog.  I have been cross stitching for some years now, but only came across the amazing world of cross stitching blogs recently.  I am now so addicted that I have decided to start my own.

I've added a photo of my most recent finish - John Clayton's "Fuchsias" on 27 count evenweave.  I thoroughly enjoyed stitching this piece and found the fractional stitches much easier than on aida.  This was the first time that I have used blended threads, which was good practice for my current WIP, which is a definite BAP.

I'm doing "Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose" by John Singer Sargent as charted by Scarlet Quince.   I'm stitching on 16 count white aida on a 27" x 12" frame held on a standing frame that my Mum found in a charity shop.  There are 102,900 stitches in this baby, most of which are blended threads.  This one is going to be around for some little while.

Its getting a bit late so I'm going to call it a day.  Thanks for dropping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment