I know it's a day early, but I do feel that that is slightly better than about a week late, which is the alternative option :-)
So here we are in 2015 - I'm still not quite sure what happened to 2014, but it's too late to worry about that.
I'll start with the finishes that I couldn't show you last week because I didn't have photos, then my works in progress and then go on to my goals for the coming year.
Here are the Christmas ornaments that I made for my nieces. As usual, the finishing was a last minute rush and is not very good. However they loved them, which is all that matters.
And here is Breeze (I can't work out how to pixellate bits of my photos so have just used the erasing tool). My friend is wearing it as a neckerchief rather than a headscarf, but so what? She likes it, and her sister tried to steal it off her, which I think is a good sign.
On to works in progress. Having finally decided which is the right side and which the wrong side of the ribbed section, I have now started the cabled section of these handwamers. There is a way to go yet, but I'm looking forward to the finished item.
And then we have a sock - very good progress on this over the last week. The leg is finished, and I have turned the heel and picked up the stitches for the gusset.
So what do I have in mind for 2015? Well, the list contains some projects for me and some for other people. Let's take it from the top!
1) Start and complete a birth sampler for my cousin's baby due on 13 February - I have the kit for this and have photocopied the chart - just need to get started.
2) Knit something for my cousin's baby - could be more booties and mittens, could be something else - we don't know whether its a little girl or a little boy yet.
3) Finish Guardian Angels for Mum's 70th on 18 November - this includes metallic threads and beading.
4) Start and complete Crypt Club for Mum's 70th - this is for the Patchwork Group joint gift - I have the chart but need to sort out fabric and threads.
5) Complete the cabled handwarmers.
6) Complete the current pair of socks and knit x many more pairs in 2015.
7) Complete the current pages of Train of Dreams - this is a carry over from 2014.
8) Start first sweater - I have a couple of possible patterns for this.
9) Start and complete Christmas stocking ornament for my cousin's baby - the design will depend on the gender of the baby.
10) Knit or stitch Christmas ornaments for my two nieces.
11) Start Hitchhiker shawl - I have the pattern and the yarn so it will be finding the time.
I may have bitten off more than I can chew here, but I'm aiming for the stars and leaving myself plenty of room to fall.
What are your stitching and knitting plans for the New Year?
Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy and prosperous 2015, and may the frog steer well clear of your needles.