Sunday 3 August 2014

Dance then, wherever you may be!

I'm a happy bunny!


Page 4 of Corgi was finished on Thursday night, and now all I have to do is stitch the month, my initials and the year, wash and press it, and make it up into a 12 inch square in time for the second Thursday in September.  Hopefully the stitching, washing and pressing will get done in time for next week's WIPocalypse post.


Here is a picture of April made up into a 12 inch square so that you know what I mean.  April is now finished apart from the sleeve that needs to be stitched across the back so that it can be hung up.  It won't look any different from the front when that is done, so this is your last chance to see April.  I used my sewing machine for the first time to put this together - fortunately it goes quite slowly so I didn't panic or run my fingers over or anything like that.


On the knitting front, I have finished my 40 rows of parallelograms and am pondering what stitch pattern to choose next.  Ideally it will eventually be as long as my outstretched arms with a fringe on each end.  We shall see.

In other news, I lost 1.5lb this week so am back down to 11 stone 7lb.  I'm starting to think that 11 stone nothing is a target just that bit too far.  I've made it down to 11 stone 4.5lb a couple of times, but have been unable to maintain it.  I'm reasonably comfortable at this weight and it is just over a stone lighter than how I started out.  Food for thought!

But I also had my telephone appointment with the hospital this week.  My thyroid levels are back into the normal range and they have halved my medicine to 5mg per day.  I have to keep taking the tablets and having the blood tests all the same.  I have another telephone appointment in September and then back to the hospital in October.  I don't feel any different in myself but obviously the medication is doing something right.

So good news all round.  All the best to you and yours, and may the frog stay away from your stitching!

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for the finish on Corgi! he's gorgeous, I can just imagine seeing him waggin his tail ^_^ April looks pretty great as a square as well. I might have missed the beginning of this, but what's the story about those 'month squares'? With April I thought it might just be a name as well, but November is giving me doubts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corgi looks fantastic! Sounds like your body has found it's resting point for now in your life. Maybe with your thyroid stabilising and reducing meds it might have an impact. I came off sleeping pills this week and dropped 2lbs doing noting after two years of struggling. So who knows for you, got it all crossed :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Corgi looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on finishing the Corgi, bet it feels great to have that done so you can move on to your other WIP's!

    ReplyDelete