Sunday 27 July 2014

Progress and adventures

School's out for summer, so my nieces and I had an adventure on Friday, and then I had an adventure all by myself yesterday.  But we'll start with a progress report.

Despite having a busy week, I have made good progress on Corgi.  Page 4 is complete as far down as row 14 and the last two blocks on row 15.  The whole dog is now visible and I just have to finish the foreground.  I'm hoping to have this done by my next post, and then I will be working on the word "November" down the left hand side.

Following the Turkish stitch debacle, I have now completed the replacement section - ribbons woven horizontally.  I am now onto my third ball of yarn and in order to take this photo, I had to lay the scarf out on the floor as I can no longer get a decent picture with it on the bed.  It's coming along nicely.

Now for the adventures.  Friday's adventure with my nieces was a trip to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park near Doncaster.  It was a very hot day and a lot of the animals were having a nap, but we saw lions, a tiger, a leopard, camels, giraffes, ostriches, wallabies, spider monkeys, meerkats, zebras, a skunk and many more.  Littlest niece got to hold a Giant Madagascan Hissing Cockroach - apparently it tickled, but definitely rather her than me!

Yesterday I went on an adventure by myself to Fibre East at Ampthill in Bedfordshire.  This was my first visit to a fibre festival.  I've done quilt shows, and cross stitching things, but this was new.  I saw lots of lovely things, met lots of nice people and spent some money on yarn.

What you see there will eventually become, all things being well, five pairs of socks and a hat.  I'm going on a workshop in September to learn how to knit socks, and I can't wait.

Moving on, I put on 2lb this week, so back up to 11 stone 8.5lb.  What goes on will come off, so I don't worry about it - there's no point.

I'll finish here as my busy week is catching up on me, and wish all the best to you and yours and may the frog stay away from your stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment