Sunday 5 January 2014

First post of 2014 - stitching goals for the year [Edited]

And a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to you all!

Well, I went through last year's achievements in my last post, so in this post I am going to set out my goals for the coming year, starting with those which are time critical.

1) Start and complete present for my friend's wedding on 17 May.  I have chosen which piece to do, and just need to sort out fabric, threads and get started.

2) Complete "April" for V's 70th birthday in August.

3) Start and complete "Corgi" by YiotasXStitch for I's 80th birthday in September.

4) Complete "Guardian Angels" for Mum either by mid-November or for Christmas.

5) Choose and complete 2014 Christmas ornaments for my nieces.

6) Complete at least one page of "Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose".

7) Complete current pages of "Train of Dreams".

8) Take part in 2014 WIPocalypse and IHSW each month.

I think that these goals will be enough to keep me stitching for the time being, don't you?

Having had New Year's Day off, I feel as if I have had two Mondays this past week and so have been feeling somewhat tired.  I have however managed to get some stitching done.

As you will see from this photo of April, I have finished the cross stitching on this bottom section.  If you look very closely, you will also see that I have started to back stitch back towards the centre section.  Once the back stitch is complete, I will then need to move the fabric down and start work on the angels.  


It's been some months now since you saw this piece, but Carnation has come out of its wraps again.  There's about 2.5 hours work there - a start on page 5.  Very nice to be working on this piece again.

Unfortunately I have been so tired that neither the Angels or Train have seen the light this week.  However I had some news this week which might change things.  

EDIT - The doctor's receptionist got it wrong.  I spoke to the doctor herself on Monday.  The blood tests came back with a possibility of an overactive thyroid, not an under-active one.  I am not happy about this, but will have to wait three months for another blood test to find out more.  The symptoms that I have fit an under-active thyroid more than an overactive one, but I'll keep you posted.

On a brighter note, I went back to Slimming World on Thursday, after two weeks of festive eating, to find that I had maintained and still weighed the 11 stone 8.5lb that I had done before Christmas.  Not bad going at all!

I shall look forward to reading all of your goals for 2014 in your blogs and watching you work your way through them.  However, I will love you and leave you as I really need to go to bed and get some sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!

    Oh no, sorry to hear you haven't been well, make sure you take care of yourself. Great news on the weight front though!

    Great work on the stitching. I look forward to seeing more of your work this year!

    ReplyDelete