Sunday 29 December 2013

Last post of 2013 - how did I do?

Unfortunately I managed to miss out on the last WIPocalypse and IHSW of 2013 - I was too busy getting sorted for Christmas, but I did take photos of my WIPs even if I didn't manage to blog them at the time.

So I'll start by going through the goals that I set myself this time last year.

Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose - page 3 was finished on 17 April and page 4 on 29 September 2013.  This piece has since been on hold whilst I worked on other things, but I plan to get back to it in 2014.

Turkish Challenge - we were given an extension on this piece, so it was finished on 11 April 2013.

5th birthday present - this was "Enchanted Garden", finished and framed by 8 June 2013, a week ahead of schedule.

Guardian Angels - this is still work in progress, with one angel complete bar beading and the second started - again to be worked on in 2014.

Bouquet pieces - this series of 6 smalls was completed on 11 October 2013 and made up into cards to sell for Marie Curie.

Train of Dreams - this is still work in progress - again to be worked on in 2014.

That's the update on 2013 goals.  I will set my 2014 goals in my next post.

Next comes WIP updates etc.

First, a couple of finish finishes - my niece's Christmas ornaments finished on Christmas Day itself.  Unfortunately for some reason I can't get them to fit side by side, which is most annoying.
















 

This is the before Christmas shot of April. 

Followed by the post Christmas shot of April.  This piece is coming on nicely with only a small amount left to do on this bottom section before I can finish the back stitching, do the French knots for the birds' eyes and move on to the first angel.

 Finally the before Christmas shot of Train of Dreams - one more block completed in this session.


Followed by the post Christmas shot in which there are a further two blocks completed.

On the health front, I weighed in before Christmas at 11 stone 8.5lb, a total loss of 1 stone exactly.  There has been no weigh-in this week because it was Boxing Day, so I have a little extra time to try and get straight after Christmas.

Back to work tomorrow and the New Year will begin in a couple of days.  So here's hoping that you all had a lovely Christmas, and wishing you and yours a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment