Sunday 18 August 2013

IHSW - August Edition

What I want to know is where the time goes.  Here I am writing the August IHSW post when it was only five minutes ago that I was writing the July post.  And it is Full Moon on Wednesday so my next post will be a WIPocalypse post - where does the time go?

Anyway I have some good progress to report, both stitching and life in general, so here goes.

 Bouquet 4 is now finished and as usual the back stitching has made all the difference.  There are two more left to do before making them up into cards, so I hope to get the next one started at some point this week.

I meant to work on Serena, the Angel, this week but things didn't go according to plan.  Instead I put in time on Train of Dreams and got two more blocks done today.  It's not a brilliant photo, I'm afraid, and needed better lighting.  Hopefully another couple of stints will see me at the bottom of the page and ready to start the next column.

Finally on the stitching front, I managed to get four blocks done on Carnation instead of the usual three, so the end of next week should see me into row 7 with any luck.  

In life in general, I lost another 1lb this week, which takes me to 7.5lb in total and gained me my half stone award.  If I can manage to lose another lb this week, that will take me down to 12 stone exactly and I can then treat myself.

Also on a positive note I am on leave this week and plan to spend most of my time relaxing and chilling out.  I haven't had a week off since April and as I spent that week at my family history conference and then staying with family, it was enjoyable but not exactly relaxing.

The weather seems to have perked up again and I am hoping that it will stay fine for my planned day out with my nieces later this week.  All the best to you and yours, and may the frog stay well away from your stitching.

2 comments:

  1. I love the little flower pot -- so cute! Enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will make a gorgeous card!
    Love the Spangler piece! Think Train of Dreams and Flight of Imagination are my two favorites of his.
    Carnation is looking fabulous! A lot of details.

    ReplyDelete