Sunday, 2 August 2015

2015 WIPocalypse - July Blue Moon Edition

Back again, but not a lot to show for it.  It's been a busy couple of weeks with the boss being off work, a funeral, Fibre East and something I can't talk about yet.

Fibre East is a yarn festival held near Ampthill, Bedfordshire.  After I started knitting last May, Fibre East was the first yarn festival I went to so I hadn't a clue what I was letting myself in for.  This year I went with two knitting friends and had a great time.  I was very good and only spent the cash I had taken with me, which was hard because I really wanted to buy all the pretty things.  And now I want to knit all the pretty things, but time is short.

Anyway, time for a progress report.  There has been so little progress on Baby Express since the last time you saw it that there was no point even taking a photo.

However I do have one finished toe up sock to show you and the beginning of the second.  I am going to use a different heel on this one in the hopes of getting a better result than I did with the first one.

And Hitchhiker now has 28 points to it.  There are now over 100 stitches to a row so progress is slower.  Basically I am now into the long hard slog part of it, but the colours are so lovely that I don't really care. 

Also I am now on a yarn diet until Yarndale at the end of September.  No more yarn until Skipton.  I went on Ravelry the other night and worked out how much yarn I have - nearly 39 miles worth!  I really do have to knit faster!!!

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day with the boss playing catch up after 2 weeks off, so I am going to love you and leave you, and may the frog stay well clear of your needles.

2 comments:

  1. Great knitting progress, and yay for lovely new yarn! Maybe you could show off your new treasures next week or so, I'm sure I'm not the only one to love a bit of window shopping ^_^

    ReplyDelete