Monday 23 February 2015

First Knitting Goal of 2015

Dear Readers, this is going to be short and sweet.  I'm cold, I'm tired and I'm not feeling brilliant physically or mentally.  I'm going to write this post, sort out tomorrow's lunch, make a hot water bottle and go to bed.

As per the title of this post, this week I achieved the first of my knitting goals for the year.  The first bootie was knitted last Monday, the day my cousin's baby was born, the second bootie and the first mitten on the Tuesday, and the second mitten on the Wednesday, when I steam blocked the set.  I sewed them up Thursday and Friday, and popped them in the post on Saturday morning.  The only remaining question is how long they are likely to fit a 10lb 1oz baby boy!

The focus on baby knits meant that progress was limited on Baby Express.  There is still a long way to go before I can tick this goal off, but at least when it's finished, it can go straight off to its new owner, who will probably have grown out of his booties by then.

Last but not least for this week is the Panda Hat.  A lot of work went into this once the baby knits were done.  Basically, once my new needles came, I ripped out everything I had already done and cast on again for the larger size hat.  I re-knitted everything that you saw in my last post and an extra five rows of the white.  That leaves me with eight rows of white stocking stitch before I start the decreases.

In other news, I put on a further 0.5lb last week, bringing me up to 11 stone 8lb.  However I know what caused it so am not too fussed.

Right, I think that's everything for the time being, so I am going to call it a day.  All the best to you and yours, and may the frog stay away from your needles.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the finish, and the restart, and a nice bit of stitching progress as well! Everything is coming along really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete