Sunday 9 November 2014

2014 WIPocalypse - November Full Moon

And a very Happy November to you all!  This is a happy dancing WIPocalypse post and I feel good!

I'm happy dancing because on Friday I sat up late and finished my first pair of hand knitted socks.  They are not perfect (I never expected them to be), but they fit, and are nice and comfy.  I am so chuffed with myself, I could fly!

Moving on, I got the next two blocks done on Carnation, which means that I am still on target to finish this page by the end of the year.  Also on the stitching front, I have decided on charts for my nieces' Christmas ornaments and hope to get started on those this week.


However my new start is in preparation for someone else's new start.  My knitting is obviously improving because I got this baby bootie knitted up in about 2 hours while I was at Knit Group yesterday.


And I've made good progress on Breeze this week to the point where future WIP pictures are going to look a bit cramped.  There are 83 stitches on the needle and about another 50 to go.  I think that I may have to move this onto a circular needle so that I don't start losing stitches through lack of space.

And to answer this month's WIPocalypse question, I really like working on evenweave but I really don't like using metallic threads.

In other news, Mum's Halloween party plus assorted cake at work added 1lb to my weight, so back to 11 stone 8lb - but it was worth it!  And my journey home at nights has suddenly become much, much quicker as the construction guys have finally given us our properly functioning junction on to the main road back only about 11 months behind schedule!!!

The winter weather may be upon us, but I do wish all the best to you and yours, and may the frog keep away from your needles!

1 comment:

  1. You socks are awesome! Now you won't ever have cold feet again; and I want to make some as well. I also love you you're staying on track wit hyour stitching, and can't wait to see the ornaments you chose.
    and another hooray for Breeze coming along so well this time, I love the colors on that one ^_^

    ReplyDelete