Sunday 22 June 2014

Getting there - a progress report

Getting there is perhaps the best way of describing things at the moment - stitching, knitting, Mum's health, my health and weight loss - the things that I tend to write about in these blog posts.

Some things are getting there faster than others, but that is only to be expected.

 I made good progress on Corgi this week - completing rows 11 and 12.  In answer to Leonore's comment on my last post, this page is 73 stitches deep at the centre, but it curves in from the edge similar to the top pages.  In fact the last row on this page only consists of 2 stitches.  However this may well go down to the wire - I have to finish this page, stitch the last page, stitch the word 'November' down the left hand side and turn it into a bound 12 inch padded square by the end of August!

On my 'Learning Curve' scarf I knitted 40 rows of mock cables this week.  I weighed the remaining yarn which came to 27g, so I'm just under 3/4 of the way there.  It's not going to be massively long. but it will go round my neck properly and it will be all my own work.

In other news, Mum was discharged from hospital on Tuesday afternoon following her hip replacement.  She could have come home Monday night but the hospital pharmacy closed at 5pm.  It opened again at 9am on Tuesday morning, but it took until 2.50pm before I got the 'come and get me' call!  And they go on about bed blocking!  She is now getting very frustrated because she can't just get on with things.  Today she was complaining because she can't bend down to switch the plug socket on so that she can do some ironing.  I feel very sorry for Dad, cos he's got to live with her for the next 5 and a bit weeks until she gets the all-clear.  Other than that, she is doing fine.

On a personal front, my thyroid medication gets cut to half as of Tuesday, but I haven't noticed any signs of normality yet :-)  I also managed to lose 0.5lb this week despite the stresses and strains of Mum being in hospital, so am back to 11 stone 7.5lb.

Sssh - this is a confession.  I went to Hobbycraft yesterday - they have their Summer Clearance on - and I came out with 23 balls of assorted yarn!!!!  I'm not telling Mum - it wouldn't go down well.

Apologies for the lack of variety in my current posts.  All the best to you and yours, and may the frog steer well clear of your stitching.

1 comment:

  1. You're making awesome progress on Corgi; I'm sure if you can hang in there you'll make it in time :)

    Also, all the best to your mum and you for your medical issues :)

    ReplyDelete