Sunday 16 March 2014

2014 WIPocalypse - March Full Moon

And its been a lovely weekend again, so I'm feeling positive and I have a stitching show to look forward to next weekend, so all is well with my world!

For this month's WIPocalypse, Measi asked us to show our favorite stitching spot.

 This is my sofa where I do most of my stitching - the other end is covered in stitching clutter and is not fit to be seen.  The bluey-greeny fabric on the right is covering up Guardian Angels, and Corgi is kept in the dark blue bag below it.  My Lowery floor stand is on the right, holding Carnation covered in a spare pillowcase.  Out of sight is the folding chair that I sit on to work on pieces on my stand.  All my bits for Carnation are kept in the bag at the right.  Both bags come from family history conferences and Train is kept in another such bag.  I have two family history conferences this year so am hoping to come home with more bags to put stitching projects in.  The zebra cushion is made up from a piece of stitching which took me about 15 years to complete - my longest standing UFO.

This piece hasn't had much attention for a while, but now that Wedding is finished, I took Mouse & Robin to Patchwork Group and stitched the holly leaves at the bottom right.

April is working the headless horseman scenario.  Next up is the watering can, followed by her head and wings.  Then will come the back stitch and finally the lettering.

Corgi is coming on.  The grey stitching on the left is part of the background and there are less than 20 stitches to go before I hit the left hand edge.

Finally some progress to report on Angelique.  If you look very very closely at the bottom of her dress, you will see 34 one block Algerian eyes stitched with one strand of DMC white.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will show up better when the back stitching has been done.

Carnation has suffered from evening commitments this week - the ballet, Patchwork Group and babysitting for a colleague.  However I have managed to finish one block and therefore row 12 is complete!  I am also two thirds of the way to my monthly target - 4 blocks complete out of 6.

Train of Dreams got the benefit of the lovely morning sunshine today and is now two blocks further into column 5.  That makes 4.5 blocks out of 6 for this month.

In other news, I put on 0.5lb this week (Chinese takeaway etc) so am back to 11 stone 6.5lb.  However, easy on is generally easy off so I just need to try a little harder this week.

I'm going to finish now as this is the second time of typing (Blogger ate most of my first post), so all the best to you and yours and may the frog steer well clear of your stitching.



5 comments:

  1. Great progress on everything:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching on all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice project on so many projects again - these algerian eye-things look tiny, how do they work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all your progress!!

    ReplyDelete