Sunday 8 December 2013

The Good, the Bad and the Lack of Stitching

Well, the good news is that somehow I managed to lose 3.5lb last week and received my 1 stone award. As of Thursday night, I weighed 11 stone, 7.5lb, so just 7.5lb to go to hit target.  However Christmas is a-coming and I have the work Christmas fuddle on Tuesday, when healthy eating will be the last thing on anyone's mind.  Weight loss and Christmas just don't really go together.

The bad news is that on Wednesday afternoon my fridge freezer was declared dead.  I've had it a number of years and it was second-hand when I got it, but it could have picked a better moment.  A replacement is on order but won't arrive until Saturday, so I'm working round the problem.  The contents of my freezer are in my Mum's second freezer and breakfast is porridge made with boiling water and a lot of sweetener.  You just have to eat it quickly before it sets and becomes concrete.

We also had a flying visit from Dad's cousin who lives in Florida.  It was lovely to meet her, even if she could only stay overnight.  We had a very pleasant evening together with the family, and I think that she enjoyed herself, even if her train back to London was delayed by half an hour or so.

The combination of all the above, together with an encounter with the Black Dog yesterday, is that there has been very little stitching done this week.  The only stitching that has been done is the back stitch on April.  I have now stitched back to the middle and done as much of the gate as I can do before further cross stitching is required.  So here you are:


As of tomorrow, work will start on the left hand side of this piece.  I do think that the back stitch has made a significant difference, don't you?

I just can't keep my eyes open so I'm going to call it a day.  All the best to you and yours, and may the frog stay well away from your stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment