Sunday 16 September 2012

IHSW - September 2012 Report

Well here we are after another weekend of hermitting and stitching.  I'll start with the stitching and then go on to the other news.

 Starting with Delft 4, some nice progress on this courtesy of Patchwork Group on Thursday and babysitting last night.  I had hoped to get a bit more done but was hampered by the onset of earache in small person.  There is one more flower head to do, plus the backstitch on that and the stems, and then the border.  After that, I need to buy the appropriate cards to put them in and make up all four cards.


A bit less progress on Train this week, but that is also down to last night's babysitting stint which was a late one and required a lie-in this morning.  We have some leaves coming in on the left hand side and I have also done a bit more of the solid black at the top, just to make a change from the confetti on the left.  I took this piece to Patchwork with me and passed it round - the general consensus of opinion was that I am stark staring mad!


Work on Carnation saw the completion of the week's four blocks and also the beginnings of the first block on the top row.  Basically I have a few things in the diary over the next couple of weeks which mean that I may be pushing it to have a happy dance on my birthday unless I move this on as much as I can when I can.  So I did all the confetti in the first block and only have one colour left to stitch to complete it, which I hope to do tomorrow morning before work.

In other news, Dad's CT scan came back clear, for which we are most truly grateful.  However, we are still none the wiser as to the cause of his weight loss so they are now going to do an endoscopy to see if there are any bacteria in his guts which might be responsible.  After that, who knows?

On the car front, the insurers have written off my car.  I have not had this in writing yet, just a phone call from the engineers, so I am waiting until I get a letter before I make up my mind what to do next.  However as my car has required a lot of work this year, I am veering towards taking the money and running, rather than having it back and getting it repaired myself.  I still have the courtesy car so am not without transport at the moment.  

One step forward, two steps back.  Keep calm and carry on stitching. 

7 comments:

  1. Hello

    Your stitching looks lovely.
    Good news for your Dad.
    Hope your car situation is resolved soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is looking great so far. Glad to hear you got the all clear for your Dad too - that must a weight off your mind at least. Fingers crossed they find something and can get it sorted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful progress. Keeping your Dad in my thoughts as you work on figuring out what's going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your projects are coming along so nicely, and the card will be so nice once finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress on all your projects. "You're crazy" seems to be most people's (non-stitchers at least) reacation to HAED designs.

    Best wishes for your dad that they figure out what is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great stitching. Hope your Dad feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news on your dad's CT scan!! :D

    Hmm... I'm with you on the car. Sometimes the cost of repairs just isn't worth it and going ahead and buying a new one would be more cost effective.

    Stitching looks wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete