Thursday 2 August 2012

2012 WIPocalypse - August Full Moon No. 1

And there is a full moon lighting up the sky again, and with two full moons this month, it really will be a challenge to get some good stitching in.

 I'm starting with a Happy Dance!  The Abyssinian Cat by Jayne Netley Mayhew is finished and even finished before yesterday's deadline.  I finished it on the morning of Saturday 28 July, washed and pressed it, and took it to the framers in the afternoon.   This photo gives a reasonable idea of the colour of the background fabric.  It was certainly interesting trying to find a suitable colour mount and frame for this piece.

This photo gives you more of a close up view.  Those whiskers had me using somewhat unparliamentary language, as it was not very easy to see where they were supposed to go, especially the ones that overlaid existing stitching.  However I am very pleased with it and will have another photo to show you when I have picked it up from the framer this weekend.

 I had serious doubts at the weekend as to whether I was going to be able to stay on target with Carnation.  Having spent my stitching time on Saturday finishing the Cat, I didn't post on Sunday evening because I had had another scare with the car in the afternoon.  Fortunately there was nothing too much wrong, although I had to take a day off on Monday to get over my fright and take the car to my new garage to get it sorted out.

However, despite all that, I have not only managed to complete last week's three blocks, but having been able to focus on this piece, I have also completed this week's three blocks ahead of schedule.  I am now well into row 6, more than halfway through page 2, and anything more I do this week will be a bonus!

While I was waiting for the garage to sort my car out on Monday, I did a bit on Delft no. 3.  This will now be my travel piece for the time being.  This particular chart is my least favourite of the four as it does not resemble any flower that I know of, whereas the other three are easily identifiable.

In other news, Mum and I will be doing the Race for Life again on Sunday, raising money for research into breast cancer.  This is a 5km women only event held at locations all around the UK and this year will be my 17th Race for Life.  Dad comes along and volunteers as a marshall - this Sunday is his 70th birthday - what better way to celebrate three score years and ten?  His blood tests came back clear, so now they want to remove a lymph gland for testing.

I would also like to thank all the kind people who have commented on this blog.  It really boosts my confidence when other people say that they like my work.  I really will try harder to leave comments on other blogs - that can be my Full Moon resolution.

6 comments:

  1. What a pretty kitty! Really love the carnations too.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous cat. Congrats on your finish! Great progress on the others as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finish! You really did finish that up fast and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty finish. its definitely a cat now. what did your old garage do about their stuff up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish. Cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THAT CAT FINISH!!!!!! Ok... I'll finish the rest of this comment with caps off. ;)

    Carnations is coming along beautifully, as is Delft. :D

    ReplyDelete