Wednesday 30 May 2012

Here we go again!

Apologies once again for another late post.  I did say in my last post that you wouldn't get the usual Sunday update because I would be helping my parents with their Open Gardens event over the weekend.  Well, it was very hot both days and it coincided with the Test Match, boxing, Formula 1 and tennis somewhere, but we still raised over £2,700 for charity, so I see it as a good job well done.

So Monday evening I was catching up on the weekend chores, last night was Pilates and so here we are.

This week I shall start with Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose because Friday 25 May was its first anniversary.  I stitched like a maniac on Friday night to get the third block done for the week, as I knew that I would not get anywhere near it over the weekend.  So here you go!


I'm really happy with it.  Although it is going to take me years to complete, it feels like a real achievement even now.  It's quite a private achievement too.  You've seen more of it than anyone else, as I have very few visitors and it doesn't leave the house, being too large.

Moving on, my other pieces have suffered because of the Open Gardens event. There are some more berries on the Cat, but I spent Sunday morning recovering from spending Saturday afternoon frying in my parents' front garden running a tombola.  I keep saying that I really need to work on this, and I do because Friday is 1 June, which only leaves me two months to get this done.


I have made a little progress on this Delft piece, but it has also suffered.  It is more fiddly than the first piece, but I am sure that it will be fine when finished.

My next post will be on Monday, because that is the full moon and WIPocalypse posting night, so all the best until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment