Monday 20 April 2015

And life plods on ...

So do you want the good news or the bad news?

The bad news is that the dodgy part on the car can't be fixed, nor can it be replaced.  I can't have a new one cos they don't make them anymore (and besides it would cost about £1,000 plus) and I can't have a secondhand one cos these computer chip things are coded to the car!

The good news is that I finally have the car back (after a week and a half of walking to work and back) and it still works (for the time being).  So the plan is to carry on driving it and work on buying a new one before the MOT runs out on this one on 21 June.

On the crafty front, the bad news is that I didn't get my sock finished.  I did the first 9 rows of decreases and then decided to try it on.  Well, the final 10 rows of decreases was not going to be enough to cover the entire length of my big toe.  Sunday morning was spent tinking back all the previous 9 rows so that I could put in some more pattern repeats.  Unfortunately, after all that tinking, I lost my sock knitting mojo.  Just have to try again this week!

The good news is that I stitched the whole of the sun on Baby Express (except his eyes) and including the backstitch, and got started on the next section of border.  All the wretched French knots in this piece will get done at the end.


More good news in that I made progress on the first headband for littlest niece.  There is still a way to go and these needles are not good with the cotton DK, especially when doing the k3tog stitches.  I also managed to measure eldest niece's head at the right angle for a headband, so I do know what I'm aiming at as they are very similar sizes.

I was supposed to be going to Wonderwool Wales this coming weekend, but all of the problems with the car mean that I have put it off until next year.  And I am definitely going next year whatever happens!

Right, I'm tired and grouchy so am calling it a day.  All the best to you and yours, and may the frog stay away from your needles.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for all that bad new, silly car and non-fitting sock :( You made great progress on your other pieces though, and I'm sure life will pick up and start getting better soon!

    ReplyDelete