Sunday 22 March 2015

IHSW - March Edition

Honesty is generally the best policy and so I will say now that there has been limited hermitting and limited stitching this weekend, and even this week.  During the week, I had the "pleasure" of a streaming cold, and then this weekend a lot of Sunday's jobs had to be crammed into Saturday so that I could attend a knitting workshop today.

So let's start with the workshop.

It was a workshop on finishing techniques - how to give your knitted item the final touches.  And this is the "evil elephant" that came home with me.  What you see there is my choice of cast-on, four different ways of making buttonholes, some short row shaping, two types of cast-off, mattress stitch, picking up stitches and Kitchener stitch.  I had a great time and feel a lot more confident about finishing off my knitted pieces so that they look nice.

Moving on to some stitching, I did manage to complete the whole of the next section of border on Baby Express this week.  It is stitched in two shades of purple and the bottom row is also the bottom row of the sampler.

And as for Hermione's Socks, I have now done 15 pattern repeats and only have 3 more to go.  Unfortunately I found that knitting and blowing my nose every 30 seconds were not compatible.  I am definitely hoping to get the leg finished and move on to the heel flap this week.

In other news, I went to Slimming World and found that I had lost 0.5lb so am back down to 11 stone 7.5lb.  I have also had a haircut, which was badly needed.  I now just need to dye it to cover up the hereditary grey bits in the front and sides.

I've got another busy week ahead of me, so all the best to you and yours and may the frog stay away from your needles.

3 comments:

  1. For a sick and busy week, that's still some nice progress. I find those sampler-pieces you bring home from your workshops very fun to look at, they just seem so bizzare on their own :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to find a knitting workshop like that!! Lots to learn in such a itty bitty evil elephant:) Your stitching piece is super cute!! And I love the yarn color of your socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did really well all things considered. Love your elephant! Stitching looks great, as does the sock.

    ReplyDelete