Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year and 2012 WIPocalypse List

A tad late (as usual) but Happy New Year to you all!

My family had a very special New Year's present - after 36 hours in labour, my cousin presented us with a baby girl born on New Year's Day!  This means that time is no longer my friend and I really have to crack on with my Noah's Ark piece.

As you can see, I have now reached the top of the piece and am now backstitching down to the middle before stitching the bottom half of the piece.  The backstitching is really making it pop.  I just hope that my cousin and her partner like it when it is finished.

Yesterday I got in something over three hours on the Beetle.  This was the chunk on the left hand side - you will see that it now has a back wheel.  I only have a couple of months to get this done and a long way to go, so I have changed my plans again.  My friend in the US will just have to wait and have an un-birthday present when this one is finished.

So that's what I've done - now on to what I'm planning to do.

My 2012 WIPocalypse list is going to start off very short as I don't have much in the way of WIPs, but I intend to add items as the year goes on.  Starting with those WIPs that need to be finished first, the list goes like this:

Noah's Ark - Design Works - to be finished and framed asap
VW Beetle - Lyndisfarne - to be finished and framed for March 4th
Carnation Lily Lily Rose - Scarlet Quince - my BAP project - no deadline
Fuchsia - Serendipity Designs - small travelling piece - no deadline

I also plan to get the Jayne Netley Mayhew piece done, and would like to do one of Thea Gouverneur's pieces from her book 'The Secret Garden'.  Once I get my deadline pieces completed, I might just go mad and start all sorts of things.  I also need to start thinking about a piece for my youngest niece's 5th birthday in 2013 - I want to create something that will grow with her but she is such a little pickle that it will take some serious thinking.

Right, I'll be back on the 9th with my WIPocalypse update but now I've got to go and make my tea.  Back to work in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new addition to your family. Your Noah's Ark is shaping up beautifully and the car looks great too. :D

    ReplyDelete