Monday 13 July 2015

Can something nice happen please?

Last week was not a good week, so I did not make as much progress as I would have liked.  To put matters in a nutshell, my Dad had an angina attack and a night in hospital, one of my colleagues left the firm and one of the members of our Patchwork Group died.  We were on countdown for my colleague leaving, and the Patchwork Group knew that the chances of our friend coming out of hospital were slim to non-existent, but all the same ...  However Dad having a funny turn and getting whisked off to hospital was definitely not in the plan.  He's fine now, on some different meds, but we could have done without it.

So what progress was there?

I made more progress on Baby Express than anything else.  The engine is now stitched, but before I can back stitch it, I need to do the next section of border because there is an overlap between the two parts.  I've got a busy weekend coming up so I will only commit to getting the border section done this week.

Next up is Hitchhiker.  What with one thing and another, I only managed a further three points on this so am now at 12 of 42.  I just love the colours in the yarn and am really looking forward to wearing it.

It was only when it was too late that I realised that the best way to show progress on my Toe Up Socks was actually to take a foot selfie.  Knitting Magic Loop style means that the cable stops you presenting the sock in the same way as you can with double pointed needles.  I did do some sock knitting in the hospital though.

I'm going to finish here cos I'm tired and blue, so wishing you and yours all the very best, and may the frog stay away from your needles!

5 comments:

  1. My week wasn't nearly as bad as yours was (although it was pretty bad)...the stars must have been out of alignment last week! Here's hoping for a better one this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you had a rough week (to put it mildly!) Keep stitching though its gotten me through a lot of tough stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear of your friend and colleague. Glad that your dad is on the mend!!! Sending lots of hug and hoping that this week is going better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had a bad week, hope your dad is doing much better. Love those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you had such an awful week. I'm glad your dad at least is already feeling better again *hug* I hope you'll have a few better weeks coming up now :)

    ReplyDelete