Sunday 8 July 2012

Rain, rain, go away!

Take a week off work and what does it do?  Rains like billy oh!  Every time you step out of the door, you look up at the sky and try to decide - coat, no coat, brolly, no brolly?  It's been warm enough not to need a coat, but then you are taking a chance on getting soaked.  On Friday, it rained so heavily that we had minor flooding just outside where I live.  Admittedly I never crossed the doorstep on Friday, just opened the front door to see how bad it was and then went back in again, but it is getting beyond a joke.  Who's nicked our summer?!

Other than that, this week I've made a research trip to Huntingdon, ordered new glasses, had lunch with friends, enjoyed enough lie-ins that getting up at 6am tomorrow is going to be hard, and done plenty of stitching.

This is not the best picture that I've ever taken of the Cat - as usual the colour of the fabric is all wrong and it is very creased - but it now has two ears and is obviously a cat and not a bird or a rabbit.  The next job is to finish its forehead and start working down to the second eye.  I have 23 days left to go so this is going to be my main focus of concentration for the time being.  I will work on Carnation but the Delft piece is going on hold until I can see the end of the tunnel on the Cat.

Following on from my WIPocalypse post on Tuesday, this week's three blocks got completed and I am into row 5.  Lots of confetti in the last block and in the next couple where I'm working on a lily bud.

I do find that both of these pieces look better in photographs, which I suppose bodes well for how they will look once framed and on the wall.  Anyway, back to work in the morning, and here's hoping that there isn't too much of a backlog waiting for me.  Good luck with your stitching.

4 comments:

  1. I sure wish you could send some of that rain our way. It has been five or six weeks since we have gotten any rain. The whole town I live is is brown - all the grass is dead.

    Your cat is looking great - I bet you can get it done in time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching. We have lots of rain too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing how your cat is coming to life now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish it would rain here were desperate for it!

    Your wips are lovely and what I can see of your cat it's going to be gorgeous

    ReplyDelete