Monday 19 December 2011

IHSW Report - December 2011

Following my last post, this is my update report on December's International Hermit and Stitch Weekend.

My IHSW started on Friday evening with a concentrated effort on Noah's Ark which resulted in quite reasonable amounts of roof being completed; the red section having been mainly done at work.  On Saturday morning I put in the few blue stitches on the left hand side above the zebra just so that I could say that I had stitched on Saturday.  

A trip to town then ensued to do Christmas shopping (resulting in a cracking headache), followed by writing Christmas cards to take to the party at my parents which started at 5pm.  I finally fell into bed at 10.30pm, but it was a good party.

On Sunday I worked on the Beetle.  I did some infilling at the top and finally got round to doing the tedious white stripe down the side of the bonnet (which was nearly all fractionals).  After that, as I needed to stitch something a bit less fiddly, I started on the body of the car on the left side near the tyre.  I also managed to do three loads of laundry, take Dad grocery shopping, and attend a Carol Service in the local church.

Today I am off work using up some holiday leave.  I've written my Christmas cards for work, hand delivered the ones to my neighbours and done some more work on Noah's Ark.  It's cold and wet and nasty here, and I'm very glad to be tucked up at home and not out pounding the pavements.

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a wonderful hermitty week-end you had. I love Noah's Ark and can't wait to see more of it. So cute! Gorgeous reds in that Beetle (and some great stitching on both of them)!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on both projects!

    Drop me an e-mail, you don't have one attached to your profile. I'll send you some tips on round ornaments tkd_chick at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! I LOVE your Noah's Ark!! So cute... so darling... so adorable!! :D

    The beetle looks great. The shading on it is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely stitching the white really makes the bonnet of the beetle

    ReplyDelete